Saturday, February 16, 2008

My Big Sewing Project

When I first decided that I wanted to start sewing, a shopping cart/highchair cover was one of my big projects that I knew I wanted to try my hand in. I own one of these myself that I bought off of ebay, and I love it and use it all the time! I could tell by looking at it that it was going to be a big project. I knew I needed to start with more simple projects first and build up to it. Now I would still call myself a "beginner" at sewing, but I decided to just go for it on this project. Last weekend, I found a pattern that I liked and started buying all the necessary supplies.


I really feel like I spent half the day working on it....I think it took me a total of 5-6 hours working on it. Now that I have done it once, I'm sure I can speed it up a little. I am so proud of myself for actually finishing it with very few stags....and I think it turned out great!
It comes complete with: a front pocket w/toy loops, a side pocket, and slots to put a safety belt through.

The finished project!!!

Just another view

Side pocket

Front pocket w/toy loops

I hope to perfect this a little bit and make it my own and one day maybe sell these....and it would even make a great baby gift!!!

8 comments:

Morgan said...

i love it! very fun!

Casey said...

that looks so good sarah, really, i am so impressed!!

Catherine Haskew said...

Oh my goodness that looks so professional!! I always see kids in those in the grocery store and think they are so cute!

Cynthia said...

wow - and you still think you are a beginner?!

Steph said...

Yes, I am with Cynthia! Beginner? No way! That looks awesome! I am so impressed! Well done you.

liz said...

wow...i am impressed as well...do you create bridesmaid dresses? jk!

Julie said...

So freakin' cute! I would like to place an order: pink & green and ready in 2010!

Erin said...

That's amazing!! Good job! You should bring it to our next sewing bee for show and tell!