Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Sew Fun!

Last weekend, a few of us girls got together and had a little sewing party. It started off with us just hanging out and talking, but we soon we broke out the sewing machines and got busy. There were a few there that hadn't really even touched their sewing machine before, a few who had a little experience, and then the sewing "masters" Morgan and Erin. We all had so much fun learning and making things together. It was especially fun to watch the few (Casey, Mel, and Catherine) who had not sewn anything before, make something for the first time.

I was going to try to make a baby sling (with the help of Morgan), but unfortunately I purchased the wrong kind of material:) So, I (along with Mel) made a nursing cover....not for me!....I just think they are great baby gifts, so I wanted to know how to make it.


Then, when I got home, I wanted to continue my sewing adventure, so I attempted to make a checkbook cover I found in a sewing book I have. I think it turned out great for my first attempt.


Who thought sewing could be "sew fun"!

8 comments:

liz said...

sarah, the checkbook cover is SO cute...love it! AND i totally need something like that...very useful!

Morgan said...

Wow! i am impressed!!

Casey said...

liz, was that a hint for a wedding gift? :)

J-Hubby said...

Your are the "PUN"niest person I know!

Catherine Haskew said...

that is so cute Sarah! Who new we were all so crafty!!

Cynthia said...

I heard you made a nursing cover and I was wondering....that checkbook cover is such a great way to use scrap fabric too - I'll have to keep that in mind!

Jana's Life said...

I saw nursing cover and my mind immediately said....Woo Hoo Grandma....another baby migh just be on the way. LOL

Very creative girly girl! Love the check book cover.

Melissa said...

That is a really cute check book cover and I never would've guessed you're a beginner!