Monday, September 29, 2008

My Seattle Trip

I have been so lazy lately! It has been over a week now since I returned from Seattle and I haven't blogged about it yet....what is wrong with me:) Well, I had so much fun visiting Laura and her boyfriend, Aaron! She is my best friend from high school. I usually just get to see her when she comes home to visit because she has been living in other countries since we graduated from college. Now that she has settled in Seattle...at least for the time being...I decided to go visit her.



Me and Laura

Aaron and Laura

Laura, Autumn, David, Me


Since I was only there for a few days, we tried to pack in as much sightseeing and fun as possible. Of course I missed the beautiful weather by about 3 days...it rained almost the whole time! But we still had fun! Aaron is from Seattle, so he knew the best places to go sightseeing. Her brother, David, also lives in Seattle, and he and his girlfriend got back Saturday morning from an Alaskan cruise, so we picked them up from their port and spent most of the day with them also. We stopped by the Starbucks headquarters and we went to the original Starbucks. We went to the Ballard Locks where boats pass through and they built a salmon ladder in which you can go under and watch the salmon swim up. We also got to see the salmon jump out of the water:) We went to the Public Market where we saw people throwing fish and crabs, beautiful flowers, and other yummy food we got to sample. There was so much beautiful vegetation there! The flowers were amazing! We also ate some yummy fish while we were there:)






The last day I was in Seattle, I got to go meet Laura's boyfriend's family. They were all so nice and they had a beautiful home and an amazing garden. I had so much fun spending time with Laura! She has always been such a good friend to me and it was nice to get to visit a different place where she is living.

2 comments:

Cynthia said...

love love love seattle! Looks like the weather was typical Seattle weather! You mentioned some places I didn't get to visit - must add them to my list for next time!

Morgan said...

looks like you had fun!