Monday, November 24, 2008

The Holiday Spirit

Yesterday, Jason and I were talking how we are already ready for Christmas and it isn't even Thanksgiving yet. We did a lot of our Christmas shopping yesterday, before the "Holiday shopping traffic" hits. I for one don't mind that it takes 1/2 and hour to find a parking spot or that a quick trip to the store might take you at least an hour. I think it is all part of the holiday season, but if I want Jason to join me, then it had to happen now before Thanksgiving:) Nothing bothers him more than long lines! So anyways, we got most of our shopping done yesterday, while my parents watched Ashlyn. We are going to do Santa with Ashlyn this year, so we didn't want her to see anything we were buying for her. Ashlyn has cried every year so far when we took her to see Santa, so hopefully this year she will be happy to see him!


Thanksgiving is, of course, this Thursday! We love Thanksgiving in our family! We always go up to Austin for the day to celebrate with my mom's side of the family. There usually averages about 30 people packed into my Aunt's house with more food than you can even think of! This year, I am going to bring my homemade mac n cheese....hopefully it will be a hit!


We also try to take a big family picture while everyone is together. This is a picture from last year.


It is so fun seeing all of my cousins and aunts and uncles and grandparents. This is usually the only time of the year I see some of my family.


Jason and I have made a rule that we won't decorate for Christmas until the day after Thanksgiving. I love decorating for the holidays, so Jason is usually holding me back from putting any decorations out. He reminds me that he will make fun of me if I put anything out too early! So the Friday after Thanksgiving, I do a little shopping early in the morning for some of those great deals and then we decorate the rest of the day! It is so fun!


Also, my birthday is this Saturday! My twin sister, Rachel, will be in town for Thanksgiving, so I will actually get to celebrate with her this year! It has been a while since we have been together on our birthdays. Usually, our birthday is a week or so after Thanksgiving so she is already back in Dallas, but every several years it is really close to Thanksgiving. It will be great to be with her!


I hope everyone has a safe and HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

1 comment:

Morgan said...

i love decorating too! i won't be here this year the day after Thanksgiving, so I might get to decorate early! :)