Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas

CHRISTMAS EVE
The past few days seem like they were a blur....we had so much going on! I'll start with Christmas Eve. We spent much of the morning getting the house ready for Christmas day. We grabbed a quick lunch at one of our favorite restaurants, Thai Cottage....thanks for the gift card JP and Dixie! We made a few other stops and then headed home.
Ashlyn and I started making some yummy cookies for Santa. Santa was very particular this year...he told me he wanted sugar cookies with icing and decorations (break and bake chocolate chip would not do).

Before we started decorating the cookies, we had to stop and head over the Sugar Creek for the Christmas service with my family. Ashlyn went on the stage (with Daddy) to hear the Christmas story from the pastor. She loved it and got a little ornament also.
We left the service and grabbed something to eat on the way to the Crossbridge Christmas Eve gathering where we handed out donuts to the workers of different places that had to work on Christmas Eve. We went to a nursing home and the Methodist Emergency Room to give them donuts and sing a few carols. I thought this would be a good experience for Ashlyn to see that Christmas is not just a time for her to get presents, but to also give to others.
After that, we came home and decorated the cookies before Ashlyn went to bed. We put the cookies and milk out for Santa and put Ashlyn to bed.

Then we started our preparations for Christmas Day. We set the table and I made my yummy mac and cheese.
CHRISTMAS DAY
We got up early to get the turkey in the oven. We tried to go back to sleep, but I think the excitement of Christmas and all the other stuff we had to do for the day kept us awake. We got Ashlyn up and, of course, video taped her coming out to see what Santa brought for her. She was so excited! After the gifts were opened, we got ready for all the family coming over. Both of our families were coming over for lunch. Everyone arrived and the house was packed with people, presents, and food. We ate a very delicious lunch, cleared everything out, and started opening all the other presents. All I have to say is my child is spoiled to have her grandparents and aunts and uncle so close. She got so much stuff! I feel like we have a toy store in our house. I have secretly put a few things away that I can bring out later when she starts to get bored with some of the stuff she has now. Everyone just hung around the rest of the day and played with Ashlyn or watched basketball. It was such a wonderful Christmas! Here are a few pics from the day! I hope you had a great Christmas also!
Ashlyn's new bike!
Yes, there is a huge ball pit in our living room...Thanks Aunt Jessica!


She's hitting the rode now!
Tea Time with Aunties!

1 comment:

Jana said...

Sarah & Jason, 2008 was the best Christmas! Thank you for having everyone into your home. You two have an amazing way of making your home feel like our own! I love you both and again this was my favorite Christmas in a very long time.